Saturday, October 20, 2007

BOOO!!!

I'm getting pretty excited about Halloween coming up soon! I know you all have plans of your own, so now you get to hear about mine!! On Tuesday, Molly and I are leaving to spend a week in the Upper West Region at a HIPPO SANCTUARY!!!!!!! That is right all you crazy readers, I am going to live at a hippo sanctuary. With hippos. In the wild. Oh yeah. You know you wish you were me. I know you do. Don't even pretend like you don't. Cause I caughtcha. If that's a word. Short for "caught ya," except actually longer. Aaaanyways, so that's the plan for those of you who like to keep up with my life. If you don't, sorry suckas, but I snuck that info in anyways. hahaha. I pretty much think that this will be the coolest thing that I ever do in the entirety of my life. So, you know, I'm not building it up or anything. The only thing that could improve upon my fantasy of the hippo sanctuary would be if one actually chased me. But I best not get my hopes up. One can only dream though. teehee. I shall take so many pictures of hippos and their watering hole and the grass huts that I will be living in that overlook the watering hole that you will be sick of them. But count this as a fair warning.


In other news besides hippos....

I haven't gotten any packages yet, but mail here is slow and I will check again on Monday.

I am sorry I haven't posted a lot. But hey, that just means that I am having a fulfilling life..... or that I take a lot of naps hehe.

Carlee, I will totally get you a watermelon seed necklace. They are indeed pretty cool. I wore mine as a wrapped bracelet last night. Also very cool.

Trace, what color of glass beads would you prefer? They mostly come in greens and blues, but I can try to find some exotic ones if possible.

P.S. Please explore the
HIPPO SANCTUARY!!!!!!! link. It is realllllly cool. Like reeeeaaaaallllllly cool. But it might just make you hate me, it's so cool, so try to keep an open mind. It's not my fault I live in the most awesome place in the whole world.

And actually, on that note, I really do think that I could live here for an extended period of time. I really like it here. Sure, there are things one has to get used to like malaria, food poisoning, giardia, washing clothes by hand, feeling like you are so hot your skin might blister and peel off, peeing in troughs with no possibility of washing your hands. You know, the usual. But in all seriousness, this is the coolest place I have ever lived and I really think that I could do it. Start my little art center and be a Ghanaian. Just something to think about. At least you'd have a cool place to come visit.

Ooooh, and funnily enough, last night I had a dream that Dad, Trace, and the kids came to visit. It was like a comedy movie played in my sleep. So damn funny. Trace sauteed mushrooms for me because I guess I subconsciously crave them, and Dad ate the pepper sauce that I am addicted to and almost cried with joy because a. it was so delicious and b. I loooove it and promised to bring him back some (and I will even in real life). It was a weird dream. I remember Carlee being funny too. I don't remember what you did, but I remember being so happy that you were all here. Good times in my unconscious mind.

Ok, I think I have rambled enough.

Love you all.
-H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley sorry I havent been keeping up with you! I miss you soooo much. See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

haley-
Thanks for getting me a watermelon seed necklace! Nice dream that you had, it makes me feel special that yuou dreamt about me...anyways, well, lets see oh yea, for halloween I'm gonna be tinkerbell! Oh yea im pretty cyced about it! I cna't wait for you to come back, you have to see my room it is SOOOO clean, like dad everyday sasys how proud he is of me for keeping it this clean for almost a week! Also i organized my room some more, i hope that you'll like it, you probably will.Juliet is doing good, she gained like 2 lbs. and Tiger has gained like 5 lbs. Haha! We have to replace Juliet's pretty polka dotted collar b/c it is torn up =[ . I'm glad that you are having fun in Ghana and are enjoying it. This girl that I "know" went to Kenya for 2 weeks and before she went she & her family got malaria shots, but she still got malaria. Tell your roomate Diane that I said hi, even though I don't know her! hehe! I love and miss you!!!

Always,
Carlee<33