Monday, October 8, 2007

This Isn't a Hint I Swear... hint, hint

So I have been thinking of all of you lately and know how much you miss me and I just thought about something that could help us all. Care Packages!!!

The following is a random list of cheap/free things that are lightweight and easy to mail. Note this is just for those who love me more than most and not a hint to the rest of you who clearly don't love me at all and want me to be sad and in culture shock without any reminders of home here in Ghana. No pressure. P.S. My address is Haley Ray, PMB 26, Legon, Accra, Ghana if you forgot.

1. Graham crackers
2. Kleenex in the travel packs
3. A new eye mask (mine is sadly breaking)
4. Pictures of all your adorable faces and happenings
5. Cinnamon gum
6. A few ripped out pages from a Sudoku book
7. Bubblewrap
8. A photocopy of your favorite poem/short story
9. Any Jones/Rice paraphernalia (and yes, that is right. I spell checked it.)
10. Adorable little notes in your handwriting
11. Hand sanitizer
12. Jello
13. Anything from the Dollar Store
14. A nail file and/or orange stick
15. Post-it! notes
16. A list of the best new movies you think I must see when I get back
17. Pop-Tarts (Apple Cinnamon, of course!)
18. Anything from Target
19. Tic-Tacs
20. A Monday (and that is very important) Houston Chronicle (equally important) crossword puzzle
21. Nail polish
22. A highlighter
23. A magazine article that you liked and think I would too


Note that this is merely a suggestion, but that only some of you can fulfill certain random things. I leave the rest up to your discretion.

If you would like to calculate the cost of an imaginary padded envelope (the best deal) to Ghana, that information can be found here at the USPS website. Just for the curious, remember.

Ok, I love you all even if you don't send me anything. Remember that!!! Because this post was just all in good fun. I hope you are all doing soo well!!


Mucho amor,
H

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haley!
in your list of things that you would enjoy being mailed, what flavor of tic tacs? and do u prefer any specific nail polish colors? love you! i have to go eat dinner! BYE!

carlee<33

Haley said...

Hey Carlee!!

Dude, cinnamon is always most preferred as a flavor, but all Tic Tacs are accepted indiscriminately. As for nail polish colors, I am a red/coral/maroon kinda chicka. Pretty much any color besides green or blue. Black might be kinda cool. I dunno. You have good taste. I trust you. Miss you lots! Love you!! (and THANK YOU!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley I miss you so much. I Cant wait to see you at Christmas. Our Pluming is all demented so we might have to redo our kitchen sooner.Cool Huh? Well I GTG 2 sleep so Goodnight sweet dreams Pumkin. Hows your Drum lessons Going. See ya soon

Luv Ya Abby <33

Anonymous said...

I made an assumption that your family would be here around supper time to pick up Java Sunday. Silly me. They got back sooner than I expected. Grandadday and I just have to eat all that fried chicken and homemade rolls by ourselves. YUM YUM!! Not to worry, when you get home I will fry some more chicken, Stay safe,
Grandaddy and Granny