Monday, October 22, 2007

I Broke Down...

and sent my laundry out to be done. And it was GLORIOUS! They got a washing machine and dryer in ISH 2 so my sheets, jeans, pillowcase, and other hard to wash items finally feel clean. Really really clean. And I love that feeling. And also I procrastinated and knew I couldn't wash enough laundry to have enough clean clothes for Molly's and my trip. Which is going to be amazing. So anyways, I broke down and had 4 kilos of laundry washed, dried, and folded for me. The damage? 4 GH Cedis. Wicked expensive, but sooooo worth it. It was so nice not to have to slave away scrubbing at dirty stains and clothes that turn the water brown from all the dirt, sweat, and tears hehe.

In other news, I still haven't gotten any packages yet. I'm going to check again tomorrow. The program ladies are starting to get annoyed because I keep asking. hhahaha. But I want my flip-flops!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm not sure when I last updated the reading list, so I'll go back a ways. After I finished Jude the Obscure, I read: Catch-22, Harry Potter (twice), Eragon, Eldest (again), Half of a Yellow Sun, and I am simultaneously reading Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I think that's it. I've got more to borrow though. Next on the list includes such beauties as: Confederacy of Dunces, As the Bell Tolls by Hemingway, and some chick flick book I can't remember the name of... should be awesome!!!! I'm so stoked. I really want to find and read Purple Hibiscus by the same author as Half of a Yellow Sun because it was so good.

I have discovered the beauty of the Old 97's. They are my new "can't get them out of my head" band. Check em out. Kinda alt-country/rock. A little folk at times. Haley likey. They were on my iPod because I knew I sorta liked them, but I am sooo into it now. Other new discoveries/acquisitions from iPods other than my own: Martin Sexton, John Legend, Yo La Tengo, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, AJ Roach, Wolf Parade, La Vent du Nord, and many others that I can't remember right now.

I made some seriously awesome vegetable soup from scratch the other day. It was BOMB. I am going to have to make some for you all when I get home. So easy, so fresh, so healthy, so delicious. Oh yeah.

So, I can't really think of anything else to keep rambling about except my amazing trip to Weichau tomorrow to live with hippos! But I shouldn't gloat anymore, so I'll keep it civil. BUT I AM SO PUMPED IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!! ok, civil again. Anyways, I gotta go pack.

Mucho amor,

Haley


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haley,

In case you haven't heard:

Tigers 38
Owls 35

I love you,

Dad