Monday, August 6, 2007

D-Day

Not exactly D-Day as no one should be dying and I'm not petrified down to the core, but you know what I mean. So today's the day. It's been so long in getting here. I'm glad it's finally happening.

Wish me luck everybody. I'll miss you all more than you know. And I just want to say that I truly appreciate all the support everyone has given me over the past months in preparing for this trip. It really means a lot to me. So thank you, thank you all.

I hope to keep you all entertained with the hilarious things that I do being culturally inept and awed by the beauty that can be found in the Ghanaian landscape, people, culture, and wildlife. I hope to be able to express my excitement, frustrations, victories, and fears on this blog. I hope that you all will understand and be able to share vicariously in my joys throughout this experience and accept the inevitable low points that will occasionally occur.

That being said, I would like to say goodbye to all those with whom I could not see one last time and say hello to the people of Accra, Ghana. It's going to be one incredible semester!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a awesome trip ms. Haley Ray
-jordan d.

Anonymous said...

good luck, have fun, and DON'T make babies haley rayzzz

miss youuuuuuu
<3
face