Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm here!!

So I couldn't quite think what I should write about first. I've been in Ghana for about 6 days now or maybe 5. They are all starting to run together. I guess I will talk about my first impressions. I adore living in Ghana for the most part. Of course there are drawbacks, and not just slight ones, but they are negligible in comparison to the good things. My first thought was about how friendly people are here. They really want to help you and care about how your stay is going. They wonder why you wanted to come here and why you are trying to learn their language. It has been so interesting to see people react when they see me and talk to me. They just don't expect a 20 year old American white girl to come to Ghana and eat traditional foods and say thank you in Twi. It is very strange for them.

Other than that I wanted to break down my posts into broad topics. So far I have come up with: physical landscape, school, health, and culture. These will be further broken down as well. I don't know how many I will be able to get through today but we shall see...

No comments: