Friday, August 3, 2007

So close

Departure is so near, I can almost taste it. In less than 72 hours, I will be over the Atlantic on my way to the most fabulous adventure of my sheltered little life. (Just kidding about the sheltered part.) But it still will be pretty fabulous. I've had special requests for posts about both the food and the music, so I will try my best to write about the culture in as much detail as I am able to describe.

Tonight I said goodbye to a lot of my family. That was a sad thing. I will indeed miss them, but I know that time will fly and I will be right back among the ones I love. Tomorrow will be the same thing as I will say farewell to my mother's side of the family. Wish me luck...


Now on to the next topic-

A few of the odd things I have purchased:

A solar powered/rechargeable lantern
Mosquito netting to hang over my bed
Spot-on bug bite salve

One cool thing I have purchased:
A CANON EOS 30D!!!

If you can't tell I am so excited about this camera that I had trouble breathing as I signed for it. Yes, I now have the most kick-ass camera that my amounts of money can buy. All that is left is to give it a name. I shall be thinking about it in the days ahead, but if you have any suggestions, I am glad to hear them. Maybe I will make it a contest... hmm. But then I have to think up a prize. We shall see. I'll think about it. It will be up to you readers to decide the gender identity of my camera as well. I am leaving it open for whatever creativity abounds. Maybe I will just bring the winner back something cool from Ghana. Or develop a picture especially for them to make it a little more personal in regards to the naming of the camera.

Until later then, I still have the last two books in the Harry Potter series to re-read before I go abroad and can't take any one item heavier than 8 ounces with me.
Leave comments and I will love you forever.

No comments: