Sunday, November 11, 2007

Health Update

I went to the hospital on Saturday morning and saw a different doctor. This one prescribed me with Flucloxacillin which, if you read the link, you will know, doesn't mess around. I take two pills every six hours for ten days. That adds up to eighty pills. 80 for those who don't like words. In addition to that, I have an antiseptic cleanser that I have to shower with at least three times a day and a cream that I apply after showers. Taking care of a staph infection is a full time job. The times that I am not showering, I am sleeping. And when I'm not sleeping, I'm popping pills. And when I'm not doing that I'm laying in bed groaning. It's quite pitiful. My iPod helps. But seriously, these pills should knock out anything and everything in my system by Wednesday at the latest. If not, well, I'll be seeing all of you in the States a lot sooner than I thought.

This post was mainly to keep you all informed that I am alive and hanging on. I have high hopes for this medication, but the side effects SUCK. Perma-nausea and body aches, headaches and grogginess. It's not fun.

But I still love you all and I'm trying to eat, Mom. I ate some canned vegetables today so there's no chance of food poisoning.

I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Thank you all for your well-wishes.

Love,
Haley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley,
I hope that you get better soon and that all those eighty pills pay off. Aren't you thankful to whoever invented the iPod b/c I know I sure am. Juliet is doing good! I'll send you a pic of her to your e-mail! Nothing exciting happening here! I can't wait to see you! Are you still a hypie? Well, I'll talk to you soon! I love ya!

-----> Carlee Ray<3