Friday, November 9, 2007

I Got Some 'Splaining to Do

I feel that I should finally explain to all of you why I have been in such a bad mood and haven't been funny or witty or prolific in my writings recently. I have been feeling kind of under the weather lately and went to the doctor last week to figure out why I had a weird lump growing on my neck. He said it was a skin infection and gave me antibiotics and swabbed a rash on the top of my foot. This was last Friday, one week ago. When I went back on Tuesday to get my skin test back, my neck was almost completely healed along with three of my four spots on my foot. I was psyched. I was feeling good and dreaming even better. Until I got the results. I have been diagnosed with staph. That's staphylococcus aureus for those who want the full name. I thought those antibiotics killed it until yesterday when I found five boils on my stomach and chest. So, I've been kinda busy with my three showers a day, daily changing of sheets and cleaning of wounds. Please pray for me that I overcome this. Staph is a potentially dangerous disease, but mine isn't that bad as of yet. I just finished my first round of antibiotics, but since they didn't work, I have to go back to the hospital for another prescription of something even stronger. The meds are taking a lot of strength out of me, so I pretty much just sleep and learn French all day. French has become my release. I have decided that I will be conversational in French before I come home. It is my new goal. Wish me luck. I miss you all. Send me mail.

Love,
Haley

1 comment:

Lissa said...

aww, haley! i'm so sorry! i'll tell 3rd north, and we'll be thinking about you! good luck...