Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Room/Mold Updates

So I complained to the hostel manager, Auntie Pearl, about all of the mold in my room and she took care of it like wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Bowie would indeed have been proud. She sent someone to scrub and mop my floors with bleach and then said if I wasn't satisfied that she would move me into a different room. I rather like my room though, so I hope I can stay in it.

In other news, I got a roommate finally. After having been here for a month and a half. It seems that the start of school is a rather flexible idea for Ghanaians. It sort of starts whenever they feel like showing up for classes. So I found some of Diana's stuff in my room when I got back from the night market and watching Hook in Molly's room. She, however, was nowhere to be seen. So I just went to bed. You can't wait for anything Ghanaian. They will come when they come. You can't predict it. At 5.30 this morning, I hear a soft knock on my door. Hoping that if I just ignore it, it will go away, I pretend to sleep. Alas, to no avail! Diana proceeded to finish moving in - AT 5.30 IN THE MORNING. Not that I'm bitter about my lost sleep or anything. Honestly though, she's very nice and was as quiet as she could be. I sat up at one point and introduced myself before passing out again. I sleep so much here it's crazy. But so, she's a 400 level nursing student. American translation: senior majoring in Nursing. I haven't really talked to her beyond that because, as everyone who has ever lived with me knows, I don't particularly function well before say, 7am, contacts, and/or breakfast. I can handle it if I have one of these criteria. Today, however, I had none at all.

So this one is pretty short to make up for yesterday's beast. Hope you are all doing well.

Mucho amor,
-H

No comments: